Friday, June 29, 2012

In the Words of Sherlock Holmes Without a Case...

"Bored!"

Any other time, summer was a blessing. I mean, yeah, it still is, but now I'm left with a question in my mind as to "What am I supposed to do now?" The fact that I won't be going back to GHS after the fair is both wonderful and... boring, maybe? After twelve years of school, it's a routine; now it feels weird to not have anything to do. As for stuff I could be doing...

"There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before..."

Get a job, yes. I  am working on that one. But, really, what else is there to do here? Greenville's a bit boring... don't mind me, I do love Greenville... but for the kids and the teenagers? Um, let's see. Swimming, okay. That's okay. And, um, well, there's probably summer sports or something, right? I've never been a sports person so I'm not sure.

But... am I just overreacting when I say I feel like there's nothing to do? Especially when I'm in the middle of the country with Ansonia and Versailles as my neighbors. Don't get me wrong, I love the towns... namely Versailles... but what's to do? When I was younger, I'd used to go to the playground, but I've grown a bit out of that, yeah?

Something I like to do is go to the library, but that's a year-round thing, not just a summer thing. There is the Reading Program in the summer, though; that's a bit nice. Why can't we, I don't know, have a Reading Festival or something once in awhile, in the city? We have a Car Show, which isn't much fun for me, for people my age. I understand why we have a car show. It's cool, for the people who appreciate that stuff. History is nice, but old cars... walking down the street... bunch of people... The only outstanding memory I have of the Car Show is when Broadway Joe's (I think it was them, I could be wrong) lowered smoothie prices to a buck. That was exciting.

I guess what I'm getting at... I'd love for something to happen in Greenville, something that is more directed at the younger generations. A Book Club or a parade or a festival for the younger generation or... well, I don't really know, but I think it'd be a bit nice. Something to unbored me, and the rest of kids who may be bored. And why not do it in a good way? Avoid trouble... Because you know teens are more likely to get in trouble when they have nothing to do.

But, I dunno. It's nothing that I can accomplish on my own, that's for sure, but... -Shrugs- I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who thinks the youngsters need something to do. Maybe it's just me! Haha!

Well, the science of boredom will be faltered this weekend for the upcoming events and fireworks, so I'm excited for that! Have a happy fourth! And, there is a place to comment on my blog... I think I have it set so you don't have to have an account... and there's tick boxes for you to click your reactions... I'm always interested in what people are thinking in response to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment