Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just another publicity stunt

... Except it isn't.

I can say it officially now: County News Online is going to be featured in the one, the only, Annie Oakley Parade!

I went through a bunch of back-and-forth with Bob (he's working with Key Club for this go-round), but by the end of it, he said that if I could manage to find people, then we could do it.

And, because I'm so impressively stubborn (Bob knows this now :P), I've managed to get everything together; my people, my plans, and we are officially accepted into the line-up.

It's my second time ever being in the parade (first time was with FunDay Bunch- Daily Advocate; you seeing a pattern here?) but my first time actually putting a... float... car... trailer... thing... whatever you wanna call it, together. After much debate, and many thoughts, I've come to a solid conclusion as to what I want to do.

Two things that I'll say:

One) I've incorporated two things that I love into this- writing, and Sherlock Holmes. Because Sherlock Holmes always has to be there, right? :P

Two) The people riding with me aren't necessarily part of CNO, but they have an ardent love of the arts, whether it be reading, writing, drawing, photography... and they're all a wonderful group.

If you happen to join the crowds to watch the parade, look for us! Wave at us! We might not wave back... and you'll see why ;) but I very much appreciate all of the fans of CNO that have kept us going, gotten us to the point we are, and I am honoured to have the opportunity to head something that will help to publicize our website.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

No comments:

Post a Comment