Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Bad Blogger's Back!


Yep, okay, I'm a terrible blogger. And I've got to work on this I'm going to post once a month! thing. My thoughts are usually boring and uninteresting, and to prevent the viewers of CNO from being bored and uninterested, I don't write a blog. But, here's some more uninteresting and boring thoughts, and hopefully, you don't get too bored or uninterested.

  • Hallow's Eve is almost here! Okay, don't tell me it's not for another month, because... Well, I was worried about my costume at the end of August, I think. Now, I'm not going trick-or-treating. But trick-or-treating is my next point.

  • Why is trick-or-treating only for the kiddies? I mean... I like sweets. People much, much older than me still like sweets! So, why is trick-or-treating only for kids? Because we've made it into a social norm to have trick-or-treating for the kiddies? And now, when someone older than twelve tries to go trick-or-treating, they get told that they shouldn't get candy. I understand if everyone went trick-or-treating, there'd be no candy on the shelves because you'd have to supply the whole town, but... Ehhh. It's a thought on my mind. Nonetheless, I'm not going trick-or-treating. But why in the world wouldn't I dress up to hand out candy? I'm such a kid at heart. :P

  • A new show airs tonight on the telly. It's called Elementary. It's a personal blow to my being. Haha, okay, I'm being dramatic, but that's all I've been since I heard about this show, so... Anyway, Elementary is basically a modernization of Sherlock Holmes. (Sounds like BBC's Sherlock, eh? I won't even get into that.) But, look! It's not in London! John Watson isn't Sherlock Holmes's companion! It's now Joan Watson. A woman. Definitely about the farthest thing that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle originally wrote. I understand that it's a) a modernization, so it can be dodgy, anyway, and b) there won't be any sort of romantic interest between Watson and Holmes. But, putting Holmes with a woman as a partner? Holmes had a hard heart when it came to women in the original books. And saying that Joan and Holmes will have the same relationship as the original Holmes-and-Watson... well, Watson wasn't a woman, and you can't replicate that bond. In my opinion. But, I'm a terribly defensive fan of the original books, so I'm a bit offended. Nevertheless... I won't be watching it, but I don't want to put any of the viewers who might want to be see it off of it. This is just my opinion. I've been stating it to whoever wants to know my opinion about the idea of the show. Even though you didn't ask... well, it's on my mind, and, now, I guess, it's on yours!

  • Shawnee Prarie is hosting their annual Prairie Days this weekend. Expect a story from me on the CNO site, as well as pictures. I just hope it's not going to be ridiculously cold. I've broken out my "trenchcoat [aka, long coat that my Mother calls my winter coat]. I might end up grabbing my gloves. Laugh it up. I'm always cold.

  • I've found John Finnemore [in the sense that I found his programmes, and not him in real life, because if I had, I'd be... estastic right now]. He's this British bloke, and he write radio programmes, he's a regular on the British Now show, and... he's brilliant. My two favourite ideas that's he's written are the British radio programmes Cabin Pressure and John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme. They're both comedies, but they tackle some issues and hit the problems on the head. Cabin Pressure is available on iTunes [I think... I don't have an iPod or anything, but that's what I've heard] and Audio CDs and Souvenir Programme is currently on the radio each Thursday and can be listened to on BBC's Radio 4's website. Just if you want a laugh.

On a bit more of a personal note, I got my hair cut and dyed. It's pretty much all layered and, generally, reaches my shoulders. It's a, um, technical wine colour now. I've been told it takes a burgandyish tone in the light? I like it, but I like redheads. A lot of people don't, but that's them. I'm also adventuring into unknown region... and I'm pretty sure that I've lost whatever sane part of my mind I had... fan mail! Yes, I've written a letter to a celebrity, in London, sending a photograph and a drawing and some fanfiction [for those who don't know, fanfiction is, uhm... writing about a character or scenario from a book/telly show/radio programme/etc, for fun and not for profit, obviously] to this guy that I sort of idolize. And I'm pretty sure... that I've lost my mind... because... I've never done anything as extreme as fan mail... but I hear he responds, and thus, it prompted me to do this, and... Hahah. I am such a huge dork, but that's alright. Celebrity's Andrew Scott, by the way. (He's in Sherlock.)

Finally, good luck to Greenville for Homecoming! Have a great time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment